Last updated: 06.04.2022
This policy covers how we use your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and will take all measures to protect your personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, debit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, our payment gateway partners, shipping partners.
Examples of Personal Information collected:
Identification and demographic information, for example your first name, last name, email address, postal address, employer, job function/title or department, date of birth, phone number, gender, country of residence, lifestyle/interests, appearance, style, login name, password, answers to security questions;
o Transaction information, for example details regarding your transactions with us, including information about the purchases you (or your employer) made and the date and time that you made the purchase;
o Information in connection with the performance of a contract, for example right to work information, information obtained from credit reference agencies or other background checks which are required for us to perform a contract we have with you or your employer;
o Images and photographs, for example if you submit a picture to a competition, the Sites or to social media and tag ghd, or when you engage with us via technologies such as AR, face evaluation or other tools;
o Your opinions or other information, for example if you review the products you have purchased from us, provide information about products and the brands and products you use or if you provide us with your CV when exploring your employment prospects with us.
When you visit our Sites, engage with Content or with us digitally, we may collect certain information automatically from your computer, tablet or mobile phone (a “Device") by using automated technologies such as cookies. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information is personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect from you automatically may include your IP address, Device type (i.e. make and model), unique device identification numbers, browser-type, time zone settings, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. You may change your preferences at any time by adjusting the settings on your Device.
We may also collect information about how your Device has interacted with us, including the pages accessed and links clicked, how you navigate to and from the Sites and Content (such as how you scroll over the Sites and Content, which parts you click and how long you spend on each page), your preferences, the products and/or services that you have viewed or searched for, crashes, download errors and response times and any phone number or social media handle used to call or contact our customer services or consumer affairs teams.
· Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclosure your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties includes:
· Our retailers, distributors and third party brand partners, for example where permitted by applicable data protection law and if applicable where you have specifically consented, our retailers, distributors and third party brand partners may pass information to us including your first name, last name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, click through and other cookie data, demographic information including information about your appearance and information in relation to products purchased at their stores (whether on the high-street or online through their own website or a dedicated microsite) and services requested using their websites and/or applications.
· Our technology partners and market research organizations, for example, where permitted by applicable data protection law and if applicable where you have specifically consented, our preferred technology partners may share information with us, including your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Disclosure for a business purpose:
We will use your personal information for the purposes set out in this Notice, which will include:
· To provide you with the products and services that you (or your employer) have requested, to administer our relationship with you (or your employer) and to carry out our obligations arising from the relationship, including internal accounting and administration purposes, to process payment for purchases or other services and to create and manage the account.
· To verify your identity, for example we may use your date of birth to determine that you are old enough to use our services, or your email address to determine if you already have an account with the relevant ghd Site, or your job title and employer to confirm you are authorised to purchase any products or services on their behalf.
· To provide a personalized service, for example we use your information to provide you with personalized recommendations for our products that we think you might like, tailor ghd Content to better suit your interests or, at your request and where available, to offer personalized and customized products . We will also use your personal information across the ghd Sites to provide a seamless user experience.
· For analytics purposes, for example we may analyse your information including your location, products and/or services requested, age, time zone, IP address and URL visited, against our wider customer base for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, to improve our services and products, the ghd Sites and ghd Content. We may also aggregate and de-identify your information to create customer segments and share with our licensees and partners.
· To provide you with marketing communications that you might be interested in, for example, if you choose to receive marketing communications from us, we may use your information to keep you up to date with our latest products, services, surveys, announcements, upcoming events, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions and competitions via our newsletters, emails, or other communications. If you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications, details of how to opt out are described in the section “How do I stop receiving marketing communications?"
· For non-marketing communications, for example we may use your personal information to communicate with you important information in relation to your account, the products or services you (or your employer) have requested or purchased from us or other non-marketing communications. This includes: (i) emailing you to verify your identity when you sign-up; (ii) emailing you where you have requested a password and/or username reset; (iii) notifying you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance or terminated; (iv) providing details about or updates to any products or services that you have requested or purchased. We will never contact you to ask for your password. Please be careful if you receive any communications from people requesting this information.
· To provide the best service to our customers and consumers, for example, we may use your personal information to process and respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
· For site optimization and management, for example we may use your personal information provided to us to:
o administer the Sites, Content and our other digital offerings, including the services and products offered through those Sites;
o ensure the security of our networks and of your information;
o customize your future visits to the Sites and our other digital offerings based on your interests to ensure the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
o improve the Sites and our other digital offerings (including to fix operational problems such as pages crashing and software bugs); and
o provide services to our partners such as tools, analyses, data and insights to see how their website or mobile applications are used.
- For product development and business development purposes, for example we will use information we collect from you to improve and develop new products and services.
- For fraud prevention and detection purposes and to protect and defend the rights and property of Hues of Batik, our employees and our business partners.
- For employment application purposes, for example, if you contact us in relation to your employment prospects we will use your personal information to consider you for current and future employment opportunities and to contact you with respect to employment opportunities that you have expressed interest in.
MinorsThe Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal InformationWe share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below email@example.com.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address: email@example.com.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies necessary for the functioning of the store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
Don not track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/